Thursday, January 10, 2008

Dance like no one is Watching!


Last night I danced as if no one was watching! Yesterday was a particularly low day for me. Nothing in particular had triggered my low feeling...it was just one of those days: end of the week; fatigue; energy low; too much time in front of the computer; some of my projects not moving as fast as I'd like; not enough time spent with loved ones... I was down.


I arrived home with the energy of a stick of glue! Fortunately for me, my husband shares my love of spanish music and had a new flamenco CD playing. It was a CD that mixed old and traditional sounding flamenco songs into new style dances and it immediately made me want to move.


However we live in a small apartment with very little space once the lounge and TV were placed. I stepped tentatively onto the balcony (which faces a very busy main road) and I thought, "what the heck" - I flung my arms into the air and stomped around my little balcony as if I were dancing the streets of seville! And boy did it feel great!


We've all heard the saying: "Work as if you have no money, love as if you've never been hurt, dance like no one is watching, sing like no one is listening, and live each day as if its your last..." well I'm dancing like no one is watching...and I'm working on the rest!

No comments: